1979 | (Bird Rock) La Jolla, CA
Complete Kitchen Remodel
This kitchen remodel is proof you do not need to spend a lot of money on the most expensive materials to have a kitchen that functions well and looks great. This budget-conscious client picked the least expensive material available at the time. Good functional and aesthetic design made this kitchen look and function like a custom-made expensive room.
- We rearranged the kitchen to maximize the incredible ocean views from the windows seen at the breakfast area
- This small kitchen got extra storage by having 12″ deep cabinets on the back of the sink peninsula for storage of dishes and other items
- Remember the First Rule of Storage: “It is equally efficient to store an item at the point of First Use or Last Use”. So dishes, which are commonly stored at point of last use near the dishwasher, can be stored at point of first use, near the dining table, with equal efficiency.
- Track lighting in the ceiling and under cabinet florescent lighting
Kitchen Remodeling Details
- Cabinets Manufactured by Danilo Nesovic
- Cabinet Finish: White laminate
- Blue laminate countertops with white bevel edge
- Tilt-out hood that looks like cabinetry when closed and not in use
- Slide-in range
- Vinyl floors
Kitchen Design: Danilo Nesovic
Kitchen Remodeling: Danilo Nesovic
Contractor: Danilo Nesovic
This small Bird Rock area home that needed a lot of work was purchased by a young couple that simply did not have the funds to put in the most expensive kitchen remodel available. We rearranged the kitchen to maximize the ocean views from both the kitchen and breakfast table, while the client selected the most cost-effective materials available. This kitchen remodel is proof you do not need to spend a lot of money on the most expensive materials to have a kitchen that functions well and looks great.