Wood & Stone Modern Master Bath
2013 | La Jolla
Master Bathroom Master Closet & Powder Room (Work Done)
- Remodel Changed Two Full Baths and Master Closet into a New Powder Room and Larger Master Bath and Master Closet
Master Bathroom Details
- Cabinets: Flat Modern Cherry Wood Veneer Doors
- Cabinet Interior: Hard Rock Clear Maple Melamine
- Medicine Cabinet: Kohler Catalan K-2936
- Countertops: Natural Stone
- Backsplash: 8″ Natural Stone
- Sink: Kohler Tahoe 2895-8 Self-Rimming Drop-In Sinks
- Faucet: Two-Lever Faucets, Standard 3″ Spread, Satin Nickel Finish
- Shower: Custom tile shower 48″ x 68″ with Full-Width Seat
- Toilet: Kohler Kelston K-3755 Two-Piece Toilet
- Ventilators: Panasonic FV-11VQ5 110CFM Fans on 1 hour Timer Switch, One Near Shower and One in Toilet Room
- Heater: Broan 1500 Watt In-Wall Heater on One Hour Timer Switch
- Lighting: Halo LED Recessed Ceiling Cans with Cree R6 LED Modules over Vanity, Other Cabinets, Shower, Toilet, and Master Closet. Decorative Wall Light Added Between the New Medicine Cabinet
- Shower Walls: Peninsula Kingston Porcelain Tile (P20PENNKI1632)
- Shower Floor: Glossy Porcelain Tiles
- Flooring (Baths): Carrara Calacata (TCRCAR50C) Imitation Marble Porcelain Tile With Tile Toe Kick in All Bath Areas Including Cabinet Toe Kicks
- Flooring (Closet): Maple Hardwood to Match Floor in Master Bedroom
Powder Room Details
- New Porcelain Tile Floor and Tile Base Including Cabinet Toe Kick Area for Easy Cleaning
- New Mirror and Toilet
- LED Recessed Ceiling Lights
- Cabinets: Cherry Wood Veneer Doors (Note Two Drawers on Top for Extra Storage)
- Countertop: Stone
- Sink: Deco Lav 1463-CWH Vessel Sink (Vessel Sink Allowed the Use of Two Drawers Above)
- Toilet: Kohler Santa Rosa K-3810
Designer: Danilo Nesovic
Contractor: Danilo Nesovic
Interior Decoration: Homeowner, With Inputs From Danilo Nesovic
Cabinet Manufacturer: Danilo Nesovic
We reconfigured two full baths into one powder room and a larger master bath & closet suite combination. The area where the new toilet is in the master bath was originally a shower in the other full bath, which is now the powder room. This opened up the master bath for a much larger shower area and dual sinks instead of the single one it originally had.
We added cabinets for linen and towel storage and the morning coffee pot in the opposite corner from the sinks, as well as matching cabinets in the closet with drawers.
A larger shower with full seat was a priority for this client, as were the two sinks. They opted for Kohler medicine cabinets above the sinks rather than wall cabinets you will see in many of my other functional baths. As you can see from the picture, that leaves a few items on the counter top like the electric tooth brush, but overall it is a look the client preferred.
The shower area is big with a deep seat the full width of the shower, and as I normally suggest, the recessed shampoo shelves are on the back side of the partition wall rather than visible on the main shower walls, so we see the beautiful tile, not the clutter on the shelves. They have two shower heads one fixed head and one handheld with a diverter valve to switch between the two. The shower also has grab bars that double as washcloth holders. This shower does have more glass than many of the baths you will see in my portfolio, but this client preferred the look of it.
Like most of my baths, this one has good venting on timer switches and an on-demand heater, also on a timer switch, keep the room both warm and dry. The LED recessed ceiling lights on dimmer switches combined with the existing larger-than-normal windows for a bath keep this room well lit both day and night.