Master Bath & Home Office Remodel
1985 | Del Mar, CA
Master Bathroom Remodel
- Homeowners are of European origin and were very open to use of Dan’s concept of Functional Bathroom Design (which has it roots in European Design).
- Maple storage cabinets and desk with laminate counters
- Custom made hideaway pull down bed integrated into cabinetry
- Pull down bed allows this office to double as a guest room
Implementation of Dan’s Functional Bath Design Concept
- Using standard 18″ to 24″ deep base cabinets would not have allowed
- 12″ deep cabinets with semi recessed lavs made room to fit large tub and shower door in this mid sized room
- This style of design not only fit a lot into a small space, it also maximized open floor space to make this bath feel and function like a larger bath.
- Good task lighting and ambient lighting made this room function well and look great.
Bath Remodeling Details
- Cabinets Manufactured by Danilo Nesovic
- Cabinet Finish: White laminate
- All cabinets are 12″ deep
- Tall cabinets to each side of sinks have electrical outlets and adjustable shelving with all everyday appliances and utensils stored within arms reach of sink. Just open the door when in use, then replace utensil when done, and close the door to keep all items stored behind doors when not in use, but readily available when needed.
- Corian Counter Tops and Full Back splash and shelf
- Tile Floors, tub and shower walls and surround
- Large and deep steeping tub 60″ x 42″ x 32″ deep, recessed 12″ into floor
- Large cabinet handles double as towel bars
- European style semi-recessed Lavs
- Indirect fluorescent lighting above and below the cabinets add a soft ambient light to the room, making it feel larger
- Task lighting over the sinks and tub put light where it is needed when using the bath
Bath Design: Danilo Nesovic
Bath Remodeling: Danilo Nesovic
Office Remodeling and Design: Danilo Nesovic
Contractor: Danilo Nesovic
Master Bathroom Remodel using Dan’s Functional Bathroom Design Concept to make this small bath function and look larger than its actual size. Also, a home office remodel with a pull down bed so it now doubles as a guest room.