Kitchen, Entry, & Living Room Remodel
2004 | El Cajon, CA
- Removed large wall between Kitchen and Formal Dining Room and Living Room.
- Widened kitchen skylight tunnel to allow more light to distribute into the room
- Built Table into back of island with decorative table base to match cabinets
- Created granite lined niche where this table top meets island to house phone
- TV was built in above refrigerator with doors that fold back into the cabinet when the TV is in use
- Recessed cans used for lighting main kitchen area under 8′ ceiling and track lights in areas under vaulted ceiling
- Porcelain tile floors.
- Granite counter tops with marble backsplash with granite dots.
- Cabinets Manufactured by Danilo Nesovic
- Cabinet Finish: Custom taupe brown stain over maple doors with conversion varnish top coat
- Cabinets have lots of built in storage features roll-out shelves, tilt-out sink front, appliance garage, lazy susan, and knife drawers
- Halogen recessed ceiling lighting, halogen track lighting in vaulted ceiling areas, and color corrected florescent lighting under wall cabinets
- Granite Counters: Labrador antique with full bullnose edge
- Full counter backsplash in tumbled marble pattern with matching granite dots
- Porcelain tile floors to match marble backsplash
- Removed wall between entry and dining room
- Installed cabinets to divide entry from dining room dry walling the back of the cabinets so it looks like a wall from dining room side
- Cabinets house existing home security system which was not moved
- Cabinet are used as an extra pantry area, general storage for the home, and also has a coat hanging section under the display countertop with artwork
- High Display counter for art work with dedicated lighting
- Porcelain tile floors to match kitchen
Living Room Remodel
- The entire layout of the living room was changed by installing a new angled fireplace in one corner
- Then we built an entertainment center and bookcases next to the fireplace covering an entire wall
- The fireplace has a granite mantel top from the same granite as the kitchen
- The face of the fireplace if done with the same marble tiles as the kitchen backsplash in a compatible pattern
Design: Danilo Nesovic
Contractor: Danilo Nesovic
The main criteria in this homes remodel was to remove a large wall separating the kitchen from the Formal Dining room and Living room to make one Great Room. As you can see in the photos opening these rooms up to one another allows a great deal more light to flow into each area. This is now a great area for entertaining friends and family.
We also cleaned up an existing skylight in the kitchen area widening it so it allowed more light into the room. An everyday eating table and phone center was custom built in to the back of the large island with a decorative table base stained to match the cabinetry. Note the customized granite lined recess area where the table top connects to the island in which the phone can be placed in to get it out of the way. A TV is in the cabinet above the refrigerator with doors that slide back out of the way when the TV is in use. If you look closely in the photos, you will see electrical outlets in the islands open shelf cabinets on each side of the cook top as the island changes directions. These open shelf units are nice decorative touches, but the outlets give them their functional purpose. You can also see the kitchen is filled with other storage optimizing features, role out shelves, appliance garage, lazy Susan, and knife drawer.
The Living Room layout was completely changed when we added the new corner fireplace and entertainment center cabinets. We removed the wall separating the entry from the dining room. Replacing the wall with cabinets facing the entry for extra pantry storage for the kitchen and for general home storage, as well as a coat hanging area in the cabinet below the high art work display shelf. The back of these cabinets were finished with drywall so from the dining room side they appear to be just a wall. All this new cabinetry was built in around the existing home security center which it now houses also.