Kitchen Remodel & Greenhouse Addition
1987 | Del Mar, CA
Second Story Addition
- Original second story was a U-shape with a small porch area in the U
- That original porch area was added to the kitchen
- Wall to wall windows and a glass roof over the sink area create a greenhouse like area letting in lots of light and an expansive view
- Large appliance garage to right of sink to hide all small appliances
- Wood shelving and posts next to island are more than decoration and shelving.
- One post is structural, supporting a beam that allowed the addition to be opened to the family room.
- The other post hides a vent for the island sink and electrical
- The island sink is an essential element in the backing area needed by this homeowner
Kitchen Remodeling Details
- Cabinets Manufactured by Danilo Nesovic
- Cabinet Finish: Almond laminate and wood trim & accents
- Laminate countertops with tile backsplash and tile counter on island
- Hardwood floors tied in to match existing floors
Kitchen Design: Charles Snead & Danilo Nesovic
Kitchen Remodeling: Danilo Nesovic
Contractor: Danilo Nesovic
In this small greenhouse addition we captured a second floor porch surrounded by the U-shaped second story of the home, and added it to the kitchen remodeling with part of the new roof as a glass greenhouse over the new sink area. It added enough room to the once corridor kitchen to make a large kitchen with an island.