Master Bath Remodel
2008 | (Mt. Helix) El Cajon, CA
Master Bath Remodel
- Enlarged Master Bath by capturing old closet space
- Added vanity area opposite sink wall
- Moved and enlarged shower so there was no need for shower doors
- Cabinets are made to look like furniture with bun feet floating over floor
- Tub area in original place but with new tub and tub facia custom made to match furniture style of cabinets with bun feet
- White Carrara marble tile floors, shower walls to ceiling, and wainscot other walls
- White Carrara Slab counters with detailed combination OG Bullnose edge.
- Installed in wall heater with timer control switch to heat the room quickly prior to bathing or shower.
- Installed two quiet and powerful exhaust vents, one in shower and one over tub on timer switches to encourage easy usage to keep room moisture level low.
- Installed owners LCD TV over tub
- Cabinets Manufactured by Danilo Nesovic
- Cabinet Finish: Dark brown espresso stain over birch
- Cabinets made to float as free-standing furniture with bun feet
- White Carrara marble countertops and 6″ backsplash
- White Carrara marble tile floors, shower walls (to ceiling), and Wainscot walls
Design: Danilo Nesovic
Interior Decorating and Material Specification: Jan Tucker
Contractor: Danilo Nesovic
When this custom home was originally built a little over 20 years ago, Dan helped designed the kitchen and supplied the generic oak cabinets for this home. When the homeowner undertook a major addition and remodeling of the home in 2006, they called Dan to help with the kitchen remodel, pantry, wet bar, new bedroom, hall storage cabinets, and master bath remodel portions of the project. Jan Tucker, an accomplished interior designer, had very definite ideas as to materials she wanted to use and had very specific storage and work flow needs. This clients needs and vision were captured successfully with Dan’s ability to listen and communicate then use his space planning, technical knowledge, and attention to detail.
The master bath was enlarged by integrating space form the original bedroom closet area. A new larger closet area was added as part of a new room addition. This larger bath area allowed us to create a separate toilet room and making to main part of the bath large enough to have a separate sit down vanity area on the opposite wall of the two sinks. The tub area remained in the same place, but was reconfigured for a new tub with customized front facia or match the furniture like design of the cabinets with bun feet and an LCD TV suspended from the wall. The shower was also moved and enlarged in a way that no shower door was needed.
White Carrara Marble tile floors and shower with matching slab counters offer a stunning contrast to the dark espresso stained birch cabinets made as pieces of furniture which attach to the wall and have only bun feet supporting them as they float above the marble floor.